Gypsy Jazz, blues, and Americana from the downtown LA Arts District
Born on the roof of an artist loft in Downtown Los Angeles, The Vignes Rooftop Revival serves up a fiery mix of Gypsy jazz, blues, and Americana. Their music incorporates a lively and diverse set of influences, from the classic French swing of Django Reinhardt and Stéphane Grappelli to the early Dixieland of Louis Armstrong and the Brazilian samba music of Dorival Caymmi.
They are one of the area's busiest and most "local" bands -- they perform 3-8 shows a week within a 2-mile radius of their home at the Vignes Arts Building, and commute to their gigs by walking, bicycling, and skateboarding.
In addition to weekly downtown residencies at Eat.Drink.Americano (Mondays), Cafe Gratitude, and GROW, and monthly residencies at 3 Clubs and Casey's Irish Pub, The Vignes Rooftop Revival performs frequently at private parties and venues such as LA Live, Villains Tavern, OSSO DTLA, 1642, Angel City Brewery, SIP Speakeasy, The Paradise Bar, The Spring Street Arcade, and The Escondite.
The VRR has four founding members, and a growing number of collaborators allows the group to play in configurations from trio to octet:
- Bergen Moore: Upright Bass/Harmonica/Vocals (Z.O.N.K.)
- Erik Miron: Guitar/Trumpet (Vintage Modernists)
- Patrick Torrez: Guitar/Mandolin
- Áine Gallagher: Violin/Fiddle
- Amber Navran: Clarinet/Vocals (Moonchild)
- Capital Guitarra: Banjo Cavaquinho/Guitar (Crystal Bowersox)
- Rumi: Flute (Bossa Zuzu)
- Billy Giaquinto: Trumpet/Vocals (Tone in Georgia)
- Kyle Crane: Drums (Daniel Lanois, Elle King)
- Kevin Yokota: Drums (HiFi Honeydrops)
- Nora Germain: Violin (Tommy Emmanuel)
- Ana Barreiro: Drums (Otmaro Ruíz)
For press or booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Erik at (406) 671-8942 or Bergen at (415) 713-7511